Tragedy in Texas (w/ Ryan Busse)
Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy addressed the Senate on Tuesday afternoon after the gut-wrenching news out of Texas. Another school massacre in which twenty-two people were killed, nineteen of them young children. Murphy could barely control himself. It was in his state where ten years ago there had been another slaughter at Sandy Hook Elementary School where twenty-six people were killed, twenty of them school children. Yet no matter how many of these senseless tragedies, the congress of the United States remains hopelessly deadlocked when it comes to passing sensible gun control measures that might, at least might, make even a small difference. Is there nothing that could change the iron-grip of the gun lobby on the United States Congress? We're joined by Ryan Busse, who once worked in the gun industry himself and is now the author of Gunfight: My Battle Against the Industry That Radicalized America.
- Ryan Busse, (@ryandbusse), Author of the book Gunfight.
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Yahoo News story on the victims of the Uvalde School Shooting in TX - Here.
- You can read Busse's book - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.