The truth about Jan.6: The inquiry begins (with Bill Kristol)
The first of what will most likely be many hearings to uncover the truth about the January 6th insurrection on the US Capitol has taken place. It was a sobering approach by the select committee. Something we haven't seen at a hearing in quite some time. The result, an emotional and electrifying set of testimonies from those who were on the front lines of the riot that day. From Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell's quote, "This is how I'm going to die," to Officer Michael Fanone of the Metropolitan Police Department stating, "the indifference shown to his colleagues by Republicans even after officers risked their lives to keep those same lawmakers safe that day, Disgraceful," then slamming the table. In addition, previously unseen body camera and CCTV footage revealed just how real and raw the attack was. Bill Kristol, neoconservative political analyst who has served in both the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, joins to discuss the reaction of Republicans to the hearing and what's in store for the future of the party.
- Bill Kristol, (@BillKristol), Director, http://defendingdemocracytogether.org. Editor at large, http://thebulwark.com. Host, http://conversationswithbillkristol.org. Fellow, @HarvardIOP
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Just Security document - "Questions the January 6 Select Committee Should ask Its Witnesses" - Here.
- Lawfare - "House Select Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Holds Its First Hearing" - Here.
- Testimonies highlights from Capitol and Metropolitan Police - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.