The GOP's flight from facts (with Jon Meacham)
Presidential historian, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and former Newsweek editor Jon Meacham has a new podcast called “Fate of Fact,” in which he investigates how it is that American politics — particularly in the Republican Party, as Meacham says — became detached not only from our constitutional system of checks and balances but from reality itself. Meacham joins Michael Isikoff, Daniel Klaidman and Victoria Bassetti on this episode, which contains a deep and important conversation about history, our tumultuous present moment and where the country might go from here.
- Jon Meacham (@jmeacham), Pulitzer Prize-winning author; presidential historian
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- “The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us.” by Liz Cheney (Washington Post, May 5)
- “Jon Meacham to explore the spread of disinformation in ‘Fate of Fact’” by Jacquie Cadorette (Audacy, Apr. 26)
- The “Fate of Fact” podcast, from Shining City Audio, C13 Originals, and Jon Meacham, on Apple Podcasts and Spotify
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.