The Steal That Never Happened (w/ Mark Bowden & Matthew Teague)
We are just days away from the one year anniversary of Jan. 6th, that now infamous dark day in the history of the US where our own people attack the US Capitol in order to stop the certification of Joe Biden as the next President. Leading up to that day, a vast amount of wild and ridiculous conspiracies about how the election was stolen and rigged, were spreading quickly without an ounce of evidence to support them. "Stop the Steal" had become the new catchphrase of Trump's supporters, serving as a spring board and call to action by those who had been convinced it was true. How far did it go? Where did those supporters take action? We all witnessed Jan. 6th on our televisions, but what most of us didn't see was what happened on the local level, state by state, county by county. Authors of the book, The Steal: The Attempt to Overturn the 2020 Election and the People Who Stopped It -- Mark Bowden and Matthew Teague, join us to discuss the lead up to Jan. 6th as well as some of the wildest claims and conspiracies that millions of people still believe to this day.
- Mark Bowden (@MarkBowdenwrite), Journalist, author of The Finish, Black Hawk Down, Worm, Greatest Game ever Played
- Matthew Teague (@MatthewTeague), Nieman Fellow 2019; exec. producer of feature film Our Friend
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Buy The Steal by Bowden/Teague - Here.
- Yahoo News story debunking urinal/election fraud conspiracy - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.