The Build Back Better Debacle (w/ Max Rose)
Joe Manchin has been pushing back on the furious attacks from the White House and his fellow Democrats over his refusal to support President Biden's Build Back Better bill. Manchin's quote that he, "just can't get there to back the bill," was a crushing blow to the Biden administration and appeared to stun top officials and Democratic leaders. A bill that would in their view sharply reduce child poverty, help working parents by dramatically expanding child care, and take major steps to address climate change. And perhaps just as significant that the failure to pass the bill undermines Democratic arguments that they and Biden can actually get things done. Thereby seriously hurting the party's chances of retaining control of congress in next fall's midterm elections. Former NY Democratic Rep. from Staten Island - Max Rose - joins us to discuss the aforementioned in addition to why he himself is running again to win back the seat he lost just a year ago to Trump supporter Nicole Malliotakis.
- Frm. Congressman Max Rose (@MaxRose4NY), Serving the people of Illinois. Majority Whip and Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- The reaction from the Climate Community after Manchin kills BBB Bill - Here
- Max Rose seeks rematch to win back his house seat - Here
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.