Supreme Court Rulings (with Jess Bravin & Jackie Calmes)
It's the end of the term for the Supreme Court. And with that comes a number of decisions. Some more closely watched than others, specifically the case in regards to Arizona and its voting restrictions. Some may argue that the current court is a 6-3 majority in favor of the conservatives. Those same conservatives might argue it's a 3-3-3 court in favor of no one based on past decisions. How are Trump's two recent nominees shaping the future of our country? And what will this mean moving forward with high profile cases already on the horizon including Mississippi's abortion law. Our hosts also react to the news coming out of the New York DA's office about the Trump Organization and whether or not it's another dead end to pin past accusations on the former President.
- Michael Zeldin (@MichaelZeldin), Fmr. DOJ attorney & Resident Fellow IOP Harvard Kennedy School
- Jackie Calmes (@jackiekcalmes), Editor, LATimes and author of the new book "Dissent: The Radicalization of the Republican Party & Its Capture of the Court"
- Jess Bravin (@JessBravin), Supreme Court correspondent for The Wall Street Journal
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Pick up Jackie Calmes new book - Here.
- Read all of the Supreme Court rulings discussed from this episode - Here.
- Everything you need to know about the charges brought forth against the Trump Organization - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.