On the Front Lines (w/ AMB Mark Brzezinski)
Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Face the Nation last Sunday gave the green light to a Polish proposal to send MiG fighter jets to Ukraine to help that country fight a relentless Russian invasion. But by the end of the week, the deal was off. President Biden vetoed the idea after US intelligence and Pentagon officials raised concerns that, among other factors, the introduction of the planes would provoke the Russians even further and lead to an escalation to the conflict. It was to be sure a bitter disappointment to the Ukrainian government who's president Volodymyr Zelensky has been literally pleading with the west for more firepower to save his country. We are joined by a man in the middle of the controversy and much else involving the Ukraine crisis, the new UN Ambassador to Poland Mark Brzezinski.
- Amb. Mark Brzezinski (@AmbassadogTeddy), UN Ambassador to Poland
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Photos of Ukrainian Refugees fleeing their home - Here.
- Yahoo News' Dylan Stableford's latest piece on President Zelensky - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.