In the wake of reporting that there is an ongoing Justice Dept. investigation into him, which involves sex, trafficking a minor across state lines, and possible campaign finance misdeeds, Michael Isikoff, Daniel Klaidman and Victoria Bassetti sit down to untangle the twisted web that is Gaetz-gate (or maybe just “Gaet”?) They are joined by Washington Post Justice Dept. reporter Devlin Barrett, and former federal prosecutor Steven Block, who each lend their insight and expertise to predicting what comes next in this wild story.
- Devlin Barrett (@DevlinBarrett), reporter, Washington Post
- Steven Block (@sablockus), former federal prosecutor
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice
- “Gaetz investigation complicated by overture to his father about ex-FBI agent who went missing” by Mike Zapotosky and Devlin Barrett, Washington Post (Mar. 31, 2021)
- “Justice Dept. Inquiry Into Matt Gaetz Said to Be Focused on Cash Paid to Women” by Katie Benner and Michael S. Schmidt, New York Times (Apr. 1, 2021)
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
E-mail us with feedback, questions, or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.