Forty Years in Afghanistan (with Annie Pforzheimer)
As US Troops and Afghan refugees are being evacuated from Afghanistan, media outlets are reflecting on the twenty year war that was. But the truth is, it's actually been forty. It dates back to the time when President Jimmy Carter signed a secret finding authorizing the CIA to funnel lethal weapons to the Mujahideen warriors who were resisting the Soviets. This was the arming of Islamic rebels who later became the Taliban. Our guest Annie Pforzheimer, former US diplomat who served as Deputy Chief of Mission in Afghanistan, gives us a harsh reality check on the situation currently going on lead by the Biden administration.
- Annie Pforzheimer (@pforzheimera), Deputy Chief of Mission in Afghanistan '17-'18
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Isikoff's latest article on Afghanistan - Here.
- Conspiracyland Season 3 Episode 3 (Afghanistan excerpt source) - Here.
- Yahoo News' Jon Ward article, Who are the Taliban today - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.