Durbin's Doubts (w/ Senator Dick Durbin)
Biden said this week that domestically, there is nothing more important than voting rights. And yet as with Build Back Better, his nearly two trillion social spending bill, there seems little prospect that a voting rights bill can pass before the end of the year. Not so long as two democrats Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin remain admittedly opposed to changing the Senate's filibuster rules that allow a minority that allow a minority of members to block passage of just about anything. Nobody has been in the middle of the fight for voting rights and much else on the democratic slate then Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois. He joins us to discuss the aforementioned bills and the prospects of anything getting down not only before Christmas, but next year as well.
- Senator Dick Durbin (@SenatorDurbin), Serving the people of Illinois. Majority Whip and Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Isikoff's story on Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin - Here
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.