Does the US have a Ukraine Endgame? (w/ Derek Chollet)
The battle for Donbas has begun. This week fresh Russian troops poured into the eastern region of Ukraine in what is shaping up as a major offensive aimed at ceasing full control of a substantial slice of the embattled country. At the same time, Vladimir Putin's forces appear to be intensifying their bombardments throughout Ukraine killing civilians, choking off evacuation routes and committing what US officials say are war crimes. What is the Biden Administration doing in response? And is there any hope left for a diplomatic solution? State Department Counselor Derek Chollet, one of Secretary of State Antony Blinken's top advisors, joins to discuss.
- Derek Chollet (@derekchollet), Counselor of U.S. Dept. of State
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Yahoo News' Alexander Nazaryan's piece on Donbas - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.