Biden doubles down on Aug. 31st deadline (with David Sedney)
The clock is ticking ever closer to August 31st. That's the day that President Biden claims we'll have all US citizens out of Afghanistan. Something he doubled down on in his latest press conference on the matter. But what about all those Afghans that fought alongside the US over the last twenty years? Will the US help them escape the oppressive regime that is the Taliban? With only a week to go before the deadline, and too many people to evacuate, the mess has become a debacle. David Sedney, former President of the American University of Afghanistan weighs in on the struggle to get not only the Americans out, but those Afghans who have spent the last twenty years building a new life only to have it seized away in less than twenty days.
- David Sedney (@david_sed), Frm. President of American University of Afghanistan, Frm. US Diplomat & Frm. US Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense in Afghanistan
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Biden claims US is on track to finish Afghanistan evacuations by Aug. 31st - Here.
- David Sedney Bio - Here.
- Yahoo News' Jon Ward article, Who are the Taliban today - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.