Tim Miller’s Road to Hell (w/ Tim Miller)
"Nobody on planet earth was more horrified by the notion of Donald Trump as President." So writes Tim Miller in his new book Why We Did It: A Travelogue from the Republican Road to Hell. Miller was a longtime GOP operative, a spinmeister, a dirt disher, who worked for the McCain and Romney and Jeb Bush Presidential campaigns. And also served as a top spokesperson for the Republican National Committee. But his revulsion towards Trump knew no bounds and caused him to sever ties with virtually everybody he used to work with. Miller's book seems to answer an enduring question that persists to this day. Why did so many go along? "I felt like everything I ever knew and believed about my country, my career, my colleagues were a lie," he writes. The Americans I most despise had taken over the country I loved, bringing almost everyone I had once looked up to along with them. Miller joins us to discuss his book and more.
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@vbass), Senior Advisor at States United, Author of Electoral Dysfunction
- You can pick up Tim Miller's new book Why We Did It: A Travelogue from the Republican Road to Hell - Here.
- Yahoo News' latest on the key cases on the Supreme Court docket next term - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.