Choosing Love Over Family and Culture
What do you do when you're in love, but your family doesn't approve of your partner because of their background? It's a problem that author and journalist Sarah Ayoub had to deal with first-hand, complicated by the tensions between Lebanese and white Australians reaching a peak with the Cronulla Riots. Sarah chats to Cam and Ali about the importance of representation, the complicated nature of her identity, and her advice for people today who have to make the same choice.
- Follow Sarah Ayoub on Instagram @bysarahayoub.
- Follow Sarah Ayoub on Twitter @bysarahayoub.
- Find out more about Sarah on her website – https://sarahayoub.com/.
- Buy The Cult of Romance – https://www.harpercollins.com.au/9781460758946/the-cult-of-romance/.
- Read Sarah's articles for The Guardian – https://www.theguardian.com/profile/sarah-ayoub.
- Follow Cam on Instagram @camerondaddo.
- Follow Ali on Instagram @alidaddo.
- Follow Nova Podcasts @novapodcastsofficial.
Got a question for Cam & Ali? You can email them at email@example.com.
Hosts: Cameron Daddo and Alison Brahe-Daddo.
Guest: Sarah Ayoub.
Managing Producer: Elle Beattie.
Producer and Editor: Amy Kimball.
Find more great podcasts like this at novapodcasts.com.au.
Nova Entertainment acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land on which we recorded this podcast, the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation. We pay our respect to Elders past and present.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.