Russia Invades Ukraine VI: We've Always Been at War With Eurasia
What happens when you start really believing your own bullshit?
What happens when you’ve created a yes-man bubble where everyone only tells you what you want to hear?
First a war update:
- Russia’s focus on the east and Donbass, which started a month ago, has made a bit of progress in a few places, but is now pretty stalled
- They do seem to be regrouping from Mariupol, but they’ve also been going into a meat-grinder
- Ukraine has made marginal advances towards Kherson and away from Kharkiv
- SOMEHOW, Mariupol’s troops still stand in the Azovstal steel plant despite months of constant bombings and stormings -- there’s really nothing like it in modern military history (Alamo has absolutely nothing on it, not even a tiny bit close)
- It REALLY seems like the vast majority of Russian attempts to advance are getting repelled, and that is going to grind them down and make them combat-ineffective
- …and now Ukraine is getting tons of heavy weapons:
- Big, advanced howitzers
- Radar systems to aim at Russian artillery
- Rocket artillery
- This is going to help them dislodge low-morale Russian troops and drive offensives
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/reconsiderpodcast.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.