The Sporting Heart
From sudden death in exercise to risk factors, screening and heart health in sports, the team talk to Dr Jonathan Drezner, Director of the University of Washington's Medicine Center for Sports Cardiology and co-Chair of the UW Medicine Cardiovascular Wellness and Prevention Programme. He is Editor-in-Chief of the British Journal of Sports Medicine and serves as a team physician for the Seattle Seahawks, OL Reign, and UW Huskies.
- Four second power output and performance improvements study
- Article on "exercise snacking" as discussed in the podcast
- Prevalence of Inflammatory Heart Disease Among Professional Athletes With Prior COVID-19 Infection Who Received Systematic Return-to-Play Cardiac Screening
- Prevalence of Clinical and Subclinical Myocarditis in Competitive Athletes With Recent SARS-CoV-2 Infection: Results From the Big Ten COVID-19 Cardiac Registry
- A meta-analysis of myocarditis in athletes recovering from Covid 19
- Really good epidemiologist article on Covid and sudden deaths
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.