Q&A SPECIAL: Salty Sweater? Is it bad thing? / Why You're Probably Training Too Hard / Smart Watch VO2: How Accurate Are They?
We asked our Patreon community to pose their most vexing sport science questions so that we could answer them. Prof Tucker and Mike Finch discuss everything from salty sweaters to the real facts behind the 80-20 endurance training rule, women-specific training protocols and the accuracy of modern-day fitness smartwatches to predict VO2 max.
- 2020 Review on Occlusion training, a systematic review: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0363546520964454?journalCode=ajsb
- Early (2009) review on occlusion training: https://journals.lww.com/nsca-scj/fulltext/2009/06000/the_use_of_occlusion_training_to_produce_muscle.11.aspx#:~:text=LOW%2DINTENSITY%20OCCLUSION%20
- Potential safety issues with blood flow restriction: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21410544/
- Review on the mechanisms for improvement with blood flow restriction: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25249278/
- Health for Performance resources in the context of women’s sport and RED-S: http://health4performance.co.uk/
SUPPORT US ON PATREON!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.