Meet the Calf Vet, Dr. Marissa Hake
On this Progressive Dairy podcast, Peggy Coffeen catches up with Dr. Marissa Hake, a veterinarian who has embraced transparency and authenticity to build an Instagram following of more than 55,000 people. Learn how her lifelong ambition to be a vet, combined with her creative side, have forged the path for her mission to bridge the farm-to-consumer relationship.
Season 4, Episode 15
Here is a breakdown of the episode:
· Becoming the “Calf Vet” [~1:30]
· The pivot point when her social media platform started to take off [~9:30]
· The biggest challenges ahead for animal agriculture [~16:00]
· How becoming a mom to two little farmers has influenced her person [~24:00]
· Rapid-fire questions [~28:30]
Follow Dr. Marissa Hake here:
Are you a subscriber?
Keep up with our Progressive Dairy podcast episodes to gain insights from what is happening in the industry to new and evolving management techniques for your operation. Just like our magazine, we’ll cover a multitude of topics including human resources, business management, facilities, repro and genetics, feed and nutrition, calf and heifer raising, dry and transition cows, herd health, hoof health, milk quality, animal welfare and manure handling. Subscribe now to be notified of new releases.
Click here to find past issues and quick links to subscribe on your favorite platform.