Craig Hall, New York Times Best Selling Author. Founder & Chairman of HALL Group, Self-Made Billionaire is on the Positive Phil Show
Now, a self-made billionaire and author -Boom: Bridging the Opportunity Gap to Reignite Startups
Hall actively supports new entrepreneurs, nurtures young startups and often speaks publicly about the importance of encouraging entrepreneurship worldwide. Together with his wife Kathryn Hall, he funded the Fulbright – Kathryn and Craig Hall Distinguished Chair for Entrepreneurship to teach entrepreneurship in Eastern Europe. Hall also founded the Dallas Regional Office of NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship). He is the author of seven published books, including his most recent, BOOM: Bridging the Opportunity Gap to Reignite Startups, which was published on May 14, 2019.
Hall has made it a lifelong mission to put people first – those in the community, those whom he employs, and those whom his business affects. Hall strongly believes that entrepreneurship is a catalyst that makes a difference both today and in the future, and intends to leave the world better than he found it. This is a philosophy he has been putting into action for 50 years, both in business and through his family foundation, established in 1977.
Hall and his companies are often recognized for significant achievements and civic and charitable contributions. In 2006, Hall received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Mortgage Bankers Association. In 2007, Hall was named a lifetime member of the prestigious Horatio Alger Association for Distinguished Americans and was inducted into the North Texas Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame and the Entrepreneurs Foundation of North Texas’ Ring of Honor. He was named the 2013 Dallas Real Estate Executive of the Year and in 2016 he was inducted into the Junior Achievement of Dallas Business Hall of Fame. In 2017, Hall and his wife Kathryn were co-awarded the 2017 “Master Entrepreneur of the Year” award for the Southwest Region from the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year program. In 2019, Hall was received the Pioneer Award from D CEO magazine for his contribution to the Dallas real estate community, and in the same year he also was recognized with the Business Council for the Arts Obelisk Award for his partnership with and service to the arts community.
Hall has served on the Board of Trustees of the American University in Bulgaria, the American-Austrian Fulbright Board and the Board of the Horatio Alger Association for Distinguished Americans.
From the perspective of a seasoned entrepreneur with experience in diverse industries—from software, to real estate, to winemaking—Hall provides his expert evaluation on the challenges facing entrepreneurs today. After careful analysis defining the current environment for startups, Hall optimistically concludes with specific strategies for go-getters to successfully bridge the opportunity gap. We can, and must, reverse these trends in order to level the playing field for entrepreneurs to safeguard the future of the American Dream.
* Declining entrepreneurship: What does it mean for the future of work and our economy and how can we solve this crisis?
* The Millennial problem: What challenges does this generation face and how can we lift the burden for millennials so that they pursue startups?
* Women and minority-led startups: How can we provide more opportunity for women and minority-led startups and increase their visibility?
* Democratizing entrepreneurship: What is the role of policymakers in the future of work and how can we begin to inspire change on a local and national level?
* Corporate Darwinism: How are technology and AI influencing the future and why Main Street— and even Big Box—survival depends on flexibility, risk and innovation? Hope and opportunity are the currency of a growing middle class and the foundation of the American dream. Entrepreneurship can help cultivate this. And yet, as our economy and society have drifted into a greater divide between haves and have nots, we have seen our middle class shrink. We have seen our politics become divisive as we look for easy answers and all go to our own corners and reinforce our own views. The truth is, there is no silver bullet that will eliminate America’s income divide and its implications. But a broader base of entrepreneurs and an increase in opportunities for people of all ethnicities, races and genders to become entrepreneurs and start businesses would be a huge step in the right direction.
* Website: www.reignitestartups.com
The Positive Phil Podcast Show, a podcast, available on iTunes, Spotify, iHeartRadio, where Positive Phil talks about personal stories, events and engaging interviews; with famous people, celebrities, athletes, authors, spiritual educators, thought leaders, as well as others in the social, business and entertainment industry.
Airing on over 300 digital channels, including iHeart Radio, Spotify, StitcherFm, Google Podcast and published online via RSS feeds globally. (metrics, guests, info)
The show has been around for almost 4 years and is one of the most popular podcast shows on the internet in the business-motivation space.
Professional radio, tv, podcast host and producer from San Diego California. We have a large national following on digital media channels, with our popular podcast and network of shows. Airing on iHeart Media, iTunes, Spotify, Spreaker, Stitcher, PlayerFM and over 200 additional media channels.