Dr Jason Fung
Dr Jason Fung is a Canadian nephrologist, or kidney specialist. He's a world leading expert on intermittent fasting and Low Carb Healthy Fat (LCHF), especially for treating people with Type 2 Diabetes. His books are The Obesity Code as well as The Complete Guide To Fasting.
Join me as I ask Dr Jason:
* What exactly is an epidemic, and why one is happening now with Type 2 Diabetes
* How even seemingly fit and healthy people are developing Type 2 Diabetes
* What foods to keep away from to avoid or manage Type 2 diabetes
* How people with persistent food cravings start fasting
* If you fast, aren't you depriving your brain of necessary fuel?
* The facts behind the 'calories in, calories out' myth
You’ll also hear:
* The vicious cycle people on diabetes treatment are stuck in
* How he found that his program was able to reverse 15 years of diabetes in three months
* Things in our diet causing diabetes
* Benefits of intermittent fasting
* The difference between Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Dr Jason has a great way of plain speaking, and in this chat I loved:
"It's very hard to admit that you studied for 11 years in school, worked for another 10 years, and then realise that hey, most of what you do is not very useful and might have been making people worse."
“You can exercise all you want but you can't exercise your liver.”
“We didn't go into medicine to prescribe pills, watch people go on dialysis and get their feet chopped off - we went into medicine because we wanted to make people better!”
I’d love to know your thoughts and experiences - join the conversation on my Facebook page.
For more episodes of HEAL, find us on iTunes at https://apple.co/2NpsIba, Spotify at https://spoti.fi/2NpSiN0, Acast at https://play.acast.com/s/pete-evans, click the link on https://peteevans.com, or just look up "HEAL" in your favourite podcast app.
I'd love to spread the knowledge in these podcasts far and wide. If you liked this episode, I'd love it if you could share it with your friends, and perhaps even leave a review on iTunes.
This podcast is proudly presented by The Institute For Integrative Nutrition, or IIN for short.
I've completed this amazing health training course through IIN, and I would thoroughly recommend it for anyone wanting to start a career in the health coaching and wellness space.
This course is conducted over a year long period and it's constructed in a way that if you're a full time worker or a busy parent or wherever you are in your life will still be able to complete all the required curriculum and modules.
Please see the link included in this post on my Facebook or Instagram page or on iTunes, to access the free sample class and first module of the program, to get a great taste of the format and structure as well as utilise my special discount that I can offer you if you decide to sign up.
Make sure you tell the admission team that you're part of the Pete Evans tuition savings to claim your very substantial discount visit acast.com/privacy