Dr Steven Lin
Dr Steven Lin is a board registered Dentist, writer and speaker with work published in the Sydney Morning Herald and the British Dental Journal. He also is written for MindBodyGreen and About.com, and given talks is part of the TEDx program trained at University of Sydney.
With a background in biomedical science, he's a passionate whole health advocate, focusing on the link between nutrition and dental health. His mission is to prevent dental diseases instead of treating them.
Join me as I ask Dr Steven:
* His message for parents of young kids on the prevalence and causes of dental disease.
* What foods to embrace and avoid for healthy teeth.
* How to get a nutritious diet as a vegetarian or vegan.
* The lowdown on fluoride and amalgam fillings.
* How ancient cultures cleaned their teeth.
* His ingredients for a happy recipe for life.
You’ll also hear:
* How people throughout history generally didn't lose their teeth in old age.
* Our teeth and mouths can be the best signposts good nutrition.
* The relationship between certain fat soluble vitamins and skeletal growth.
* His thoughts on antibacterial mouthwashes.
* The things - other than fluoride - that we should focus on to avoid tooth decay.
Dr Steven said a couple of things that have really stuck with me:
“The diseases occurring in mouths now have not existed for almost the entire time humans have walked on this earth.”
“The epigenetic signals of our nutrition and diet is shaping every aspect of our body - including our face and teeth”
To find out more about Dr Steven Lin visit his website DrStevenLin.com
I’d love to know your thoughts and experiences - join the conversation on my Facebook page.
For more episodes of HEAL, find us on iTunes at https://apple.co/2NpsIba, Spotify at https://spoti.fi/2NpSiN0, Acast at https://play.acast.com/s/pete-evans, click the link on https://peteevans.com, or just look up "HEAL" in your favourite podcast app.
I'd love to spread the knowledge in these podcasts far and wide. If you liked this episode, I'd love it if you could share it with your friends, and perhaps even leave a review on iTunes.
This podcast is proudly presented by The Institute For Integrative Nutrition, or IIN for short.
I've completed this amazing health training course through IIN, and I would thoroughly recommend it for anyone wanting to start a career in the health coaching and wellness space.
This course is conducted over a year long period and it's constructed in a way that if you're a full time worker or a busy parent or wherever you are in your life will still be able to complete all the required curriculum and modules.
Please see the link included in this post on my Facebook or Instagram page or on iTunes, to access the free sample class and first module of the program, to get a great taste of the format and structure as well as utilise my special discount that I can offer you if you decide to sign up.
Make sure you tell the admission team that you're part of the Pete Evans tuition savings to claim your very substantial discount visit https://www.integrativenutrition.com