Five Things to Know About the American Disabilities Act
In honor of the 30th anniversary of the American Disabilities Act (ADA), we break down five things you need to know about this historic legislation. On Tuesday, we'll be back with our thoughts and shared experiences from people directly affected by this law.
- It took decades of thousands of people working locally to pass the ADA
- Defining "disability" under the ADA is very fact-intensive
- The ADA helped bring about massive changes
- But we have a long way to go.
- There are many ways you can work toward disability justice.
Thank you for being a part of our community! We couldn't do what we do without you. To become a tangible supporter of the show, please visit our Patreon page, purchase a copy of our book, I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening), or share the word about our work in your own circles. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for daily news briefs, GIF news threads, and our real time reactions to breaking news. To purchase Pantsuit Politics merchandise, check out our TeePublic store and our branded tumblers available in partnership with Stealth Steel Designs.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.