6 Things To Do If Your Job Is Harming Your Mental Health
At work, many of us often struggle in silence. We take on as much work as we possibly can, often pushing ourselves beyond our limits because we want to impress our boss, get a promotion and possibly get a salary raise. We all want a promising career.
Yes, it is commendable to work hard for your goals. Yes, it is admirable to strive for something you want to achieve. And yes, only you can make your life better through perseverance, BUT never at the expense of your mental health and well being.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty shares tips on how you can identify when your mental health is at risk and how to get out of it without losing your job.
Sama Tea is now available! Go to http://samatea.com/onpurpose to order a box of Sama now and get access to our free live monthly tea parties, be the first to try out new tea flavors and receive a free exclusive download that shows my personal routine and rituals.
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:05 When your job is harming your mental health
- 07:00 Step #1: Become aware of how your work affects you well-being
- 10:21 Two big mistakes entrepreneurs make
- 13:03 Step #2: If you’re in an atmosphere you feel that is toxic
- 17:55 Step #3: Become a mental health ambassador
- 20:35 Step #4: Take the time off if you need it
- 21:16 Step #5: Being careful about how much you take on
- 22:28 Step #6: Make sure that you speak to someone
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!