7 Early Signs of Burnout & 7 Simple and Practical Ways to Heal and Recover
One of the biggest challenges people face in their adult life is burnout. When you’re burned out, you become less effective and nonfunctional in many aspects of your life. You begin to lose interest in the things you normally love doing.
Not many of us recognize this as burnout. Many will brush it off as feeling tired or getting exhausted from doing too much too fast. What we don’t realize is we are already burned out and we don’t take action to get out of it because we mistake it for something else.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty talks about the early signs of burnout to watch for and how to help yourself recover exhaustion and fatigue.
Sama is coming soon! Go to samatea.com/onurpose to find out more!
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:44 Most of us wait too long to deal with burnout
- 04:18 Burnout Phase #1: The honeymoon phase
- 06:26 Burnout Phase #2: The onset of stress
- 07:31 Burnout Phase #3: Chronic stress
- 08:34 Burnout Phase #4: The burnout itself
- 08:55 Burnout Phase #5: Habitual burnout
- 10:37 Sign #1: Fatigue over the things you use to find easy
- 15:03 Sign #2: Poor sleeping habits make you tired
- 19:37 Sign #3: Brain fog blurs what you see
- 22:49 Sign #4: Low creativity
- 24:19 Sign #5: Agitated by small things
- 25:54 Sign #6: Avoid being around people
- 27:08 Sign #7: Being indecisive
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!