Stop Calling It “Chumocracy”
Why are we calling the Government’s COVID backhanders and gilded inner circle a “chumocracy” when it’s just straightforward corruption? Brace yourselves, it’s going to get worse. Plus, former civil servant Alex Andreou gives the inside track on diminutive bully Priti Patel’s brazen escape from the consequences of her actions. As No Deal comes up against the urgent reality of bringing perishable COVID vaccines into the country, could Johnson end up begging for an extension after all? And why David Davis holds ALL the cards in his renegotiation with Vodafone.
- “Sturgeon and Johnson will rub their hands in glee if Labour back the Brexit deal.” – Naomi Smith
- “The death rate from COVID is roughly equivalent to the death rate of American troops storming the beaches of Normandy.” – Ben Stewart
- “We’re expecting a Brexit deal that’s skinnier than a 90s supermodel.” – Naomi Smith
- “The Government has frittered away its soft power and now thinks it can replace it with hard power, entering cyberspace conflict decades too late.” – Alex Andreou
- “People are losing their businesses in the name of Daniel Hannan’s imaginary concept of free trade. It’s heartbreaking” – Ben Stewart
- “The practice of ‘declaring interest’ is absurd, as if taking money over the table is somehow better than taking it under the table.” – Alex Andreou
Presented by Ros Taylor with Alex Andreou, Naomi Smith and Ben Stewart. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
Back OH GOD, WHAT NOW? and help us make political life more bearable. Get every new episode a whole day early, plus new and classic merchandise when you back us on the Patreon crowdfunding platform.
Get your free download of our theme tune ‘Demon Is A Monster’ by Cornershop.
For the moment we’re still at remainiacs.com
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.