Lost In Sunak, Caught In A Trap
So what did Sunak’s Budget actually mean? How did he manage to keep both Brexit and the North out of his wheezes? What sort of Chancellor does he really want to be? And is the secret message of the Budget that we should prepare for an early election? Plus: there’s a Museum of Communist Terror on the way, to reshape our understanding of totalitarianism. So why is it backed almost exclusively by culture warriors who think we shouldn’t re-examine our ideas about history?
- “The CRG, the ERG and all the other ’RGs are like displacement activity to stop Conservative MPs from feeling unloved.” – Alex Andreou
- “The UK Government decided not to levy big taxes on imports after Brexit, so what is the point of freeports anyway?” – Ros Taylor
- “This is an investment bonanza for the cash-rich. The rest of us, not so much.” – Alex Andreou
- “This was a great pension if you’re a wealthy pensioner.” – Ros Taylor
- “If you don’t want teachers to be left-wing, pay them big bucks.” – Alex Andreou
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Ros Taylor and Alex Andreou. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.