Fumigating the White House
It’s a little bit later than usual but still early for Patreon backers… Our long international nightmare is over – for now. As Trump exits the White House to fester in Mar-A-Lago, former UK Ambassador to the USA Kim Darroch joins us to look at what the Biden/Harris Era will mean for British trade, British foreign policy, and Boris “Britain Trump” Johnson. Plus: What does that huge exodus of immigrants from the UK mean for the character of our cities and the future of our country? And why do middle-class British people insist on claiming they’re working class?
- “There was never a moment where you felt that Trump would ever be a normal President…” – Kim Darroch
- “British Customs policy is like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic after the Titanic has sunk.” – Naomi Smith
- “There’s no doubt that ending Freedom of Movement was a cynical ploy to get non-EU immigrants to support Brexit.” – Nina Schick
- “If you ever followed Trump’s career, you knew it was a no-brainer that he would never accept losing an election.” – Kim Darroch
- “Priti Patel’s home office isn’t iron-fisted, it’s ham-fisted.” – Naomi Smith
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Naomi Smith and Nina Schick. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.