Extreme Makeover: Golden Wallpaper Edition
As Johnson’s odious comments about “bodies piling up” collide with Carrie Antoinette’s golden wallpaper splurge and the Vengeance of the Cummings, has this barrage of sleaze finally putting the PM on the ropes? Tech expert Alexi Mostrous of Tortoise joins us to explore what Big Tech and Bigger Data have in store for our democracies. Brexit eats another of its children in the shape of Arlene Foster. And what will our film critics make of Matt Hancock’s blockbuster COVID: The Movie?
- “This is like me going shoplifting, then dropping a tenner in the till a year later and saying it’s OK, I paid for it.” – Alex Andreou
- “Never mind Chatty Rat, there are clearly multiple rats who don’t want Johnson around any more. Gove and Vine are like Pinky and the Brain.” – Minnie Rahman
- “Maybe mistresses and illegitimate children cost a lot of money. Who knew?” – Alex Andreou
- “So Chris Whitty is waving a terrifying graph at Johnson while Carrie Symonds is showing him a Farrow & Ball chart?” – Dorian Lynskey
- “It’s quite a revelation that in the DUP universe, Arlene Foster is the reasonable one.” – Alex Andreou
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Minnie Rahman and Alex Andreou. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.