EmergencyCast: I Saw No Ships Come Sailing In
The new mutant strain of COVID has shattered the Government’s Christmas strategy and plunged Britain into isolation and chaos. Is government dithering to blame or are the hard right, libertarian, chlorinated chickens coming home to roost? Are we really looking at 20,000 new hospital admissions and 5,000 deaths a day in the New Year? And how is Britain going to cut a Deal with the EU when Johnson has ensured we’re more cut off from Europe than at any time since 1939?
- “I would not be surprised if Johnson had been told about the new strain but not listened – and continued with his usually bloody bombast.” – Naomi Smith
- “Johnson has learned nothing from any of this. Everything will be back to normal by Easter? He just makes the next easy promise.” – Alex Andreou
- “Would Johnson really have mocked Starmer as a Christmas killer on Wednesday if he knew he’d be cancelling Christmas on Friday?” – Dorian Lynskey
- “The BBC are normalising catastrophe. Reporter after reporter was repeating the line that this ‘proves’ we’re ready for No Deal…” – Naomi Smith
- “It’s astonishing that the Conservatives have won the last three elections by saying ‘Don’t vote for THEM, it’ll be CHAOS…’.” – Alex Andreou
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Alex Andreou and Naomi Smith. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.