Shannon Mead on butts, vapes & the Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee on Plastic Pollution
Shannon Mead is the Founder of and Chief Butt Officer of "No More Butts" - returning for his third appearance on the pod. In this chat, Shannon drops truth bombs about dropped cigarette butts, vaping, and how cigarette filters do more harm than good - along with insights from participating at the 'INC2' (Second Session of the Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee on Plastic Pollution) in Paris - where delegates from 180 nations took the first concrete step toward a legally binding treaty to regulate plastic, described as the most important green deal since the 2015 international climate agreement.
- No More Butts website (here)
- Shannon on LinkedIn (here)
- Ocean Protect Podcast, Season 3, Episode 13 (May 2021) "No more butts with Shannon Mead" (here)
- Ocean Protect Podcast, Season 4, Episode 15 (August 2022) "Smoke in the water with Shannon Mead" (here)
- Belgium Superior Health Council article "Cigarette filters do more harm than good" (here)
- The Guardian article "First steps agreed on plastics treaty after breakthrough at Paris talks" (here)
For further information about Ocean Protect, check us out at www.oceanprotect.com.au
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.