Ocean trash with Jeremy & Brad
Jeremy and Brad discuss some of the latest science on ocean trash, published last month in the Nature Sustainability Journal. We talk about what's in it, where it's coming from, and what we can do about it.
- Fiona Harvey, Plastic waste entering our oceans expected to triple in 20 years, 24 June 2020, The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jul/23/plastic-waste-entering-oceans-triple-20-years-research
- David Vetter, These Four Plastic Items Make Up Almost Half Of All Ocean Trash, 18 June 2021, Forbes, https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidrvetter/2021/06/18/these-four-plastic-items-make-up-almost-half-of-all-ocean-trash/?sh=576474c65fea
- Carmen Morales-Caselles et al, An inshore–offshore sorting system revealed from global classification of ocean litter, 10 June 2021, Nature sustainability, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-021-00720-8
- Nikoleta Bellou el, Global assessment of innovative solutions to tackle marine litter, 10 June 2021, Nature sustainability, 10 June 2021, Nature sustainability, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-021-00726-2
- Daniel González-Fernández et al, Floating macrolitter leaked from Europe into the ocean, 10 June 2021, Nature sustainability, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-021-00722-6
- Australian Marine Conservation Society, Which Australian states are banning single-use plastics?, https://www.marineconservation.org.au/which-australian-states-are-banning-single-use-plastics/
- Zero Litter to Ocean: https://zerolittertoocean.com.au/
For further information about Ocean Protect, check us out at www.oceanprotect.com.au
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.