Bustin' balloon myths with Dr Morgan Gilmour (Part 2 of 2)
This is the second (and final) part of our two-part conversation with Dr Morgan Gilmour. The first part was released last week.
- Dr Morgan Gilmour: https://www.morgangilmour.com/
- Adrift Lab profile: https://adriftlab.org/morgan
- Gilmour M, Lavers J, 2020, We composted ‘biodegradable’ balloons. Here’s what we found after 16 weeks, article in 'The Conversation': https://theconversation.com/we-composted-biodegradable-balloons-heres-what-we-found-after-16-weeks-138731
- Burchette D K, 1989, Study of the effect of balloon releases on the environment: https://www.balloonhq.com/faq/deco_releases/release_study.html
- Gilmour M E , Lavers J L, 2020, Latex balloons do not degrade uniformly in freshwater, marine and composting environments, The Journal of Hazardous Materials: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0304389420316150?via%3Dihub
For further information about Ocean Protect, check us out at www.oceanprotect.com.au
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.