#178 with Balaji - Balaji on How to Fix the Media, Cloud Communities & Crypto
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (0:00) Intro
* (2:30) Balaji's background
* (7:33) Why Balaji started a newsletter: 1729
* (22:40) The media and its biases
* (31:58) Balaji on memes and their importance
* (37:45) What the future of media looks like and the role of crypto
* (56:26) When did Balaji get into crypto?
* (1:01:30) Sam asks Balaji what motivates him
* (1:11:50) How the world is changing and becoming more Balaji-like
* (1:19:39) What would 21 year-old Balaji work on?
* (1:22:46) Why geographical proximity is no longer linked to cultural proximity
* (1:26:25) How we can align incentives between tech and everyone else
* (1:32:30) Balaji on crypto-social networks
* (1:37:30) How Balaji operates day-to-day and "the idea maze"
* (1:47:33) The importance of finding the right place to live
* (1:57:30) What it's like to talk to Balaji
* (2:02:08) What has Balaji been wrong about?
* (2:11:00) Science vs. math: getting to the truth
* (2:21:10) Balaji asks Sam for newsletter advice
* (2:24:40) What are Balaji's guilty pleasures