SPECIAL: Peter Diamandis on the Longevity Opportunity, Bitcoin’s Bull Case and Musk vs. Bezos
As an entrepreneur, Diamandis has started over 20 companies in the areas of longevity, space, venture capital, and education. He is also co-founder of BOLD Capital Partners, a venture fund with $500m investing in exponential technologies. Diamandis earned degrees in Molecular Genetics and Aerospace Engineering from MIT and holds an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:02) Peter’s background
* (5:07) The science of longevity
* (10:26) What are the sub-verticals in longevity?
* (14:47) How long can humans live?
* (18:49) Will longevity lead to overpopulation?
* (23:09) How living to 130 will affect finance
* (24:34) Why Peter is investing in Bitcoin
* (33:53) The intersection of Bitcoin and longevity
* (34:40) Will there be a crypto Xprize?
* (35:34) Peter’s space career (including the first XPrize)
* (40:12) Why SpaceX’s achievements are so impressive
* (42:20) Musk vs. Bezos
* (46:53) The importance of mindset
* (53:34) How to change your media diet
* (56:31) What is the superpower for Musk, Bezos, Larry Page, Richard Branson?
Links mentioned in podcast:
* XPrize (https://www.xprize.org/)
* Peter’s newsletter (https://www.diamandis.com/subscribe)
* Futureloop (https://www.futureloop.com/)
* Peter Diamandis website (https://www.diamandis.com/)
* Peter’s Bitcoin webinar with Michael Saylor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFxEM29LyeE)
* Peter interviews Elon Musk for the $100m carbon removal Xprize (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN88HPUm6j0)