29. Stories from Kanab: A Small Town with A Big Vision
Kanab never ceases to amaze me! It's always a pleasure to come back to this welcoming town where its people work incessantly to make it the destination you want to come to in the Western US.
In this episode, I am joined by Brent Chamberlain who is currently serving as a Kane County Commissioner. He shares with us the amazing development plans of Kanab and Kane County. You will hear how they are planning to create a new Visitor Center for Zion National Park, how everything started with one man willing to donate his land, and what is public transportation going to look like in the next couple of years.
Brent and his wife Kathy moved to Kanab in 2011, after retiring from 32 years in the mining industry - and the story of how he ended up choosing to buy a house in Kanab is fascinating. Tune in and listen to Episode 29 of Moving Beyond Your Tribe to hear how they decided where to retire, and learn what makes Kanab a magical place to visit and live in, as well as what the future holds for this amazing touristic destination.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Why did you come to Kanab? (01:46)
- If you were to describe Kanab, what would you say? What is Kanab like? (06:02)
- How have you been able to cultivate such a diverse culture? (07:22)
- What do you do as a commissioner? (09:49)
- What were the steps to create collaboration between Kane county and all the other parties involved in developing such a grand project? (21:10)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Kanab is a magical place. (04:30)
- The difference between Kanab and other small cities in the US. (08:39)
- Why Kanab is a safe vacation destination during COVID. (11:40)
- How the area will develop in the next couple of years. (14:53)
- How electric shuttles will help decongestion the traffic into Zion National Park. (18:40)
- Brent's life advice. (34:01)
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.