How The Rambling Runner, Matt Chittim is smashing his 10k PR before turning 40
If you want to run a faster 10k as you get older listen to this episode!
Episode Highlights (aka Why You Should Listen aka TLDR)
- Matt Chittim aka The Rambling Runner is documenting his journey to get a personal record in the 10k before turning 40
- His journey might be similar to a lot of people out there with injuries over the past few years not allowing him to get to his potential
- How white people/brands can do better for the BIPOC endurance athlete community
- His Virtual Summit 2021 - Accountability through showing the world his journey via his podcast and blog & Much More
About Matt Chittim, The Rambling Runner
- Founder & Host of The Rambling Runner Podcast and brand and helps amateur runners reach their potential through his podcast and blog
- He's a master interviewer. Seriously check out his podcast! Some great questions being thrown at the guests
- The Rambling Runner podcast is always in the top 10 of USA sports podcasts, Has published 300 podcast episodes to date and Has reached 2.5 million downloads to date
- Is a Run Coach with Mckirdy trained runners
- Has had on his podcast a slew of well runners including; Matt Fitzgerald, Bart Yasso, Marquis Bowden, Anne Maher, Olivia Baker, Jamison Michael, and more
- "It's actually more frustrating to be coming back from the injury - than the injury itself"
- "People having timeliness to their goals is the biggest issue. I think goals are great - long term, short term, process and progress goals are great. Where it can start getting tricky is with progress goals. Attaching a timeline to a goal can be really tough. It can lead to potentially overtraining and tamp down the motivation"
- "How many top triathletes are really good runners? All of them. That's why they are top triathletes. Don't be afraid that cross train will hurt your running. It won't."
- Read “How I will run one per cent faster of 10 years” here
- The Rambling Runner Mastering 40 SeriesMore on Matt and The Rambling Runner Podcast - The Rambling Runner Virtual Summit (Jan 15-17 2021) - Rambling Runner Twitter - Matt Chittim on Strava
- Emile Zatopek Wiki & Youtube - Allyson Felix - Wiki & Youtube --- Runners World Features 11 BiPOC Runners --- David Goggins 40% Rule --- Ron Clarke
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.