Find the perfect speed to train and live
Most people have 2 speeds; fast or slow. What if I told you that everyone needs a third speed - a middle gear. Think more of a 4 out of 10 rather than 6 out of 10
Studies have shown that training at 65% of your maximum output allows you to go faster using little energy. Life is the same.
In your day to day - go shift into your 4 out of 10 gear. This will help you to stay fresh while seeing incremental and sustainable gains.
Then your ready for whatever challenges the world WILL bring!
What You Will Learn
- What speed is perfect? That middle gear baby!
- What is it? It's finding a middle gear to operate from endurance sports in life.
- Why is it important? You can sustain this pacing for long periods of time without low burnout.
- How can you implement it? Trial and error by finding out what is too slow, one end and what is too fast, the other end.
- "PEOPLE EITHER RUN TOO FAST OR TOO SLOW. FIND THE MIDDLE SPEED THAT'S SUSTAINABLE, FOR LIFE."
- "IF EASY IS 60%, STEADY IS 70%. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD A CONVERSATION AT THIS PACE." - Anna Harding
- "FIND THE MIDDLE AREA WHERE YOU STRESS YOURSELF ENOUGH FOR GAINS, BUT CAN COME BACK FRESH THE NEXT DAY, WEEK, MONTH AND YEAR."
- "Slow it down: in training, work, and even relationships. Find your Too Much and too little limits - that sweet spot is the perfect gear."
- MAF Running - https://philmaffetone.com/method/
- Seth James Demoor - The medium-long run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdjF4arPMnA
- Anna Harding - The Running Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7dV4OPDSutwMUauSD5AAA
- Effortless By Greg McKweon - https://gregmckeown.com/books/effortless/
- Suggested episode to listen to next: My Endurance Backstory to help you train better - https://dlakecreates.com/use-my-endurance-sports-back-story-to-train-smarter
- Podcast Concept, Production and Marketing BY POD PASTE
Original Music Used Here
Sponsor - MOS COACH SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by MOS COACH. If you are struggling to perform better as you get older, hit up our one on one coaching service. Whether you're 16 or 60, we are all ageing. Setting goals, forming habits, and organising your life isn't easy. Let us help you because you haven't reached your peak, yet!
Sponsor - THREE THING THURSDAY
Like what you're hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign up for our newsletter "Three Thing Thursday". We'll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox.
Download the free full transcription pdf here https://dlakecreates.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Tranx-DLake-Podcast-Find-The-Perfect-Speed-To-Train-Live.pdf
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.