Uncovering the Training Differences Between 5k and 10k Races
Discover the subtle training differences between the 5k and 10k races. Learn how to improve your 10k time, how training changes for each race, and how to run a fast ultra 50k race. Listen on to find out more.
What You’ll Learn
- Psychologically what is happening to your body in the 5k vs the 10k
- Can training for a 5k and 10k help you to run a fast ultra 50k race
- How your training needs to change from 5k specific to 10k specific work
- And more
Links & Learnings
- If a XC runner started running ultra marathons, would his 5k , 10k, 50k times start to go up?
- What’s the Difference Between 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon Training?
- Mike Trees Instagram
- DLake Runs Instagram
- New runners set themselves the holy grail of the marathon. They are confusing distance and pace. Are you running the for completion or are you running them to run your fastest?
- Speed work kills... those that don't have it.
- Base training for everything from a 5k to a marathon and even up, the base training is almost the same besides the long run
- To run a fast marathon, you need to run a faster 10k
- NRG Coaching - Mike Trees coaching service
- Three Thing Thursday - Sign up for free to get consistent/bite sized, sometimes unorthodox running tips and tricks to perform better throughout life
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.