Are These Outdated Brain Myths Limiting Your Potential? with Lisa Feldman Barrett
In this week's episode, we bust the outdated myths about how our brains work and discover what the latest science really suggests about how we can work better with others.
Connect with Lisa Feldman Barrett:
- [03:29] - Lisa explains what the latest research suggests about how our brains really work and what they are best for?
- [06:21] - Lisa shares how our brains are structured like a network, to share the information that makes up the experiences and actions of our lives.
- [08:16] - Lisa shares why our brains are predicting organs and what this might mean practically for us as we go about our work.
- [15:12] - Lisa explains how our brains are impacted by each other as we work together.
- [20:16] - Lisa explains the 5Cs of the human brain and how these help us to create a social reality as we work together.
- [33:14] - Lisa shares how we can use our brains to more intelligently navigate the socially constructed worlds in which we live.
- [35:51] - Lisa enters the lightning round...
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Lisa!