Is Your Workplace Psychologically Safe? with Dr. Sandra Bloom
In this week's episode, we explore how workplace wellbeing programs can benefit from understanding the best practices of trauma theory and attachment theory.
Connect with Dr. Sandra Bloom:
[free_product_purchase id="108735"]You’ll Learn:
- [02:49] - Sandra explains what trauma theory can teach us about caring for each other in workplaces.
- [04:38] - Sandra outlines why attachment theory can teach us about caring for each other in workplaces.
- [06:30] - Sandra shares how trauma theory and attachment theory can help us to care for wellbeing in workplaces.
- [10:09] - Sandra explains how workplace wellbeing approaches can balance the science of human flourishing with the science of human suffering.
- [11:49] - Sandra offers some tips for how we can create sanctuaries of wellbeing in our workplaces.
- [18:05] - Sandra shares why we need a safety plan in addition to a wellbeing plan.
- [20:06] - Sandra offers some tips for how we can build more psychologically safe organizational cultures.
- [24:08] - Sandra explains the importance of balancing rights and responsibilities in order to avoid abuses of power in our workplaces.
- [33:31] - Sandra enters the lightning round...
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Sandra!