The Order of St Charbel
William Kamm has a 10pm curfew, and is not allowed to spend time with girls under the age of 17. He is prevented from entering the Shoalhaven district of New South Wales, and his movements and communications are monitored. These are conditions of his release after serving 9 years in jail for crimes he committed against two teenage girls – yet his followers still believe that he is the next true Pope, and that the Virgin Mary speaks to him on the 13th day of every month.
Special Guest: Claire Ashman.
CW: references to manipulative behaviours, and sexual assault of minors. A small amount of coarse language. Please consider whether you would like to listen on this basis. Content is not suitable for children.
The opinions expressed in this podcast are not necessarily those of the makers of Let's Talk About Sects.
Full research sources listed on each episode page at www.ltaspod.com.
If you have been personally affected by involvement in a cult, or would like to support those who have been, you can find support or donate to Cult Information and Family Support if you’re in Australia (via www.cifs.org.au), and you can find resources outside of Australia with the International Cultic Studies Association (via www.icsahome.com).
- Claire Ashman's website — where her book 'Lessons from a Cult Survivor' is available for pre-order.
- Lessons From A Cult Survivor — by Claire Ashman, 2018 – book pre-sale link
- A WOLF Among the SHEEP: How God's Prophet the Little Pebble Became a Womanising, Millionaire Cult Leader — by Graeme Webber, KeyStone Press, 2008
- The Little Pebble: The Last Pope, A Man of Contradiction, Petrus Romanus, Sinner or Saint? — by William Costellia, self-published, 1999 (volume 1)
- Official website of The Little Pebble
- William 'Little Pebble' Kamm's supervision to continue — AAP, The Illawarra Mercury, 8 January 2016
- DSM to Distinguish Paraphilias From Paraphilic Disorders — by Mark Moran, Psychiatric News, 3 May 2013
- South Coast cult leader William 'Little Pebble' Kamm fails to have supervision order lifted — by Angela Thompson, Illawarra Mercury, 14 August 2017
- The Republic Reform and Justice Party
- Little Pebble author 'surprised' by cult leader's impending release — ABC Illawarra, 12 November 2014
- Cult leader and convicted sex offender William Kamm to be freed within days — AAP, The Age, 11 November 2014
- Unrepentant Little Pebble talks about life behind bars — by Robert Crawford, South Coast Register, 2 July 2014
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.