The New Gnostic Society
Samael Aun Weor claimed that he could remember his own birth, and had identified the only true path to spiritual development. Crucial to his religion was a sexual practice that involved couples never reaching orgasm. Though many who follow his belief system understand sickness to be a result of one’s own karma, their master died of stomach cancer in 1977. He claimed that when he died, he would be resurrected.
Guest: Lynn Short
If you have been personally affected by involvement in a cult, or would like to support those who have been, contact Cult Information and Family Support in Australia, or the International Cultic Studies Association outside of Australia.
If you or someone you know is in crisis or needs support right now, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 in Australia, or find your local crisis centre via the International Association for Suicide Prevention.
- Three Mountains — by Samael Aun Weor, Glorian Publishing, 2008
- Samael Aun Weor — New World Encyclopedia, accessed July 2022
- The Social Christ — by Samael Aun Weor, 1964
- Inside the Vestibule of Wisdom — by Samael Aun Weor, 1953
- Lynn Short - The New Gnostic Society, Sexual Alchemy, & Lucid Dreaming — Trust Me podcast, 6 April 2022
- Former member of Circle for Investigation of Gnostic Anthropology Aust (CIGA) and Gnosis in Australia — Name Withheld, entry on the CIFS website
Subscribe and support the production of this independent podcast, and you can access early + ad-free episodes at https://plus.acast.com/s/lets-talk-about-sects.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.