Interview Episode: Issues in Coaching and Wellness with Kathleen Oh
Kathleen Oh is a rare breed: a wellness coach who is cynical about wellness and the coaching industry. She works with clients across integration and psychedelics education. Kathleen is trained in Internal Family Systems (also known as IFS Informed or IFSCA), which is a trauma-informed approach, and comes from a background of trauma herself. Kathleen was once an anti-vaxxer, and her community embraced all kinds of magical thinking and conspiracy theories. Over time, she realised that her own coaching may have involved undue influence, and through the words of a dear friend she recognised that a lot of her perspectives were rooted in white privilege.
With thanks to Audio-Technica, presenting partner for season 5 of Let's Talk About Sects. Use promo code LTAS10 for 10% off their Australian store, and to support the show.
- Coach Kathleen Oh — Kathleen’s website
- Oh My Heart — Kathleen’s Substack (we spoke about her Psychedelics, Cults and Predators article in particular, from 13 July 2022)
- The Real Coach Oh — Kathleen’s Instagram
- Psychedelics, Politics and Predators with Kathleen Oh — Free Your Inner Guru podcast episode, 28 March 2022
- Cover Story: Power Trip — New York Magazine podcast series from Lily Kay Ross and David Nickles about the psychedelic underground, November 2021
- Dr Janja Lalich’s website
- Take Back Your Life Recovery — Dr Janja Lalich’s courses that Kathleen mentioned
- Gerette Buglion’s website
- #igotout — Gerette Buglion and Lisa (anonymous activist)’s movement for cult survivors
- Laura Tucker’s website — host of the Free Your Inner Guru podcast
Subscribe and support the production of this independent podcast, and you can access early + ad-free episodes at https://plus.acast.com/s/lets-talk-about-sects.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.