Exclusive Brethren – Part 1
Lindy Jacomb was born into the Exclusive Brethren in Auckland, New Zealand, and was told there was no longer a place for her there in 2008. Her family cut off all communication with her and she was forced to start a new life at the age of 20, without any of the people she knew and loved.
Guests: Lindy Jacomb and Michael Bachelard
With thanks to Audio-Technica, presenting partner for season 4 of Let's Talk About Sects.
If you have been personally affected by involvement in a cult, or would like to support those who have been, you can find support or donate to Cult Information and Family Support if you’re in Australia (via www.cifs.org.au), and you can find resources outside of Australia with the International Cultic Studies Association (via www.icsahome.com).
Written and hosted by Sarah Steel
Research by Haley Gray and Sarah Steel
Music by Joe Gould
Edited by Corey Green of Transducer Audio
- Behind the Exclusive Brethren — by Michael Bachelard, Scribe Publications, 2008
- Separation from Evil - God's Principle of Unity — by John Nelson Darby, 1853
- BIG JIM TAYLOR, LEADER OF SECT — James Taylor Jnr. obituary, The New York Times, 17 October 1970
- "The Aberdeen Incident" July, 1970 — a compilation of material including a transcription of the Aberdeen Tapes, from the 25 July 1970 meeting following the incident
- The closed-door church: Inside the secretive and strict Plymouth Brethren sect in Manitoba — by Bill Redekop, Winnipeg Free Press, 10 May 2014
- Howard defends meeting the Exclusive Brethren — by Peta Donald, PM, ABC Radio National, 22 August 2007
- OneSchool Global NSW Enrollment Policy — accessed December 2020
- OneSchool Global — official website, accessed December 2020
- Muslim groups...
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.