Bonus Episode: A Little Bit Culty
Sarah Edmondson is an actor, voice over artist and activist who spent 12 years in NXIVM, rising from student to coach to eventually running her own center in Vancouver, Canada. After becoming involved with its secret society, DOS, she managed to escape and alongside her husband Anthony ‘Nippy’ Ames, became a whistleblower on the cult and worked with the FBI to expose Keith Raniere’s crimes. Today Sarah and Nippy make the fantastic podcast A Little Bit Culty, in which they speak with some incredible guests including other former cult members and experts in cult dynamics.
Guests: Sarah Edmondson & Anthony ‘Nippy’ Ames
Full research sources listed on each episode page at www.ltaspod.com. You can support us on Patreon or Acast+, with a one-off donation, or grab some merch. Sarah Steel's debut book Do As I Say is available on audiobook now.
If you have been personally affected by involvement in a cult, or would like to support those who have been, you can find support or donate to Cult Information and Family Support if you’re in Australia (via www.cifs.org.au), and you can find resources outside of Australia with the International Cultic Studies Association (via www.icsahome.com).
- A Little Bit Culty — Sarah and Nippy’s podcast
- Uncover: Escaping NXIVM — CBC podcast featuring Sarah Edmondson
- The Vow — HBO series featuring Sarah Edmondson
- Resources — a collection of useful resources on cults at Sarah Edmondson’s website
- Scarred: The True Story of How I Escaped NXIVM, the Cult That Bound My Life — by Sarah Edmondson with Kristine Gasbarre, Hardie Grant, 2019
- Take Back Your Life — by Janja Lalich & Madeleine Tobias, Bay Tree, 2006, audiobook narrated by Sarah Edmondson
- Nippy’s Instagram, Sarah’s Instagram and Twitter, and A Little Bit Culty’s Instagram
Subscribe and support the production of this independent podcast, and you can access early + ad-free episodes at https://plus.acast.com/s/lets-talk-about-sects.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.