Lauren Patterson \ Why her daughter saved her life
Lauren Patterson was convinced she wouldn’t live past the age of 21.
Suffering with severe depression, crippling anxiety and an eating disorder following a physically and emotionally abusive relationship, she felt she had nothing to live for.
That was until she fell pregnant with her daughter Madi, then a couple of years later, gave birth to her son Max.
Lauren credits her children with saving her - giving her a reason to not only survive, but thrive, even when she found herself as a single mum not long after Max was born.
She’s now a highly-sought after personal trainer, a hugely successful blogger, public speaker, mental health advocate and she’s madly in love with her childhood friend Chris - recently announcing their pregnancy - and it’s a boy!
Lauren has gathered a massive and loyal following thanks to her candid insight into motherhood, her vulnerability in sharing her mental health struggles, and her vibrant optimism which helps women everywhere feel less alone.
In this chat we discuss:
- The relationship that changed the course of her life.
- Her subsequent mental health struggles
- How her children saved her.
- Becoming a single mum.
- Turning her pain into purpose.
- Reconnecting with the love of her life.
- And of course, how her pregnancy is going!
- You can follow Lauren - @___laurenkate
- Check out her blog: Mad Max Mum
- Get in touch with me: @elizabethanile
- Lemonade now has its own Instagram account chock-a-block full of self love inspo - follow here!
- Your support of Lemonade helps it grow and allows me to spend time finding awesome guests to share with you. Clicking subscribe, hitting 5 stars, leaving a review, sharing it with your friends on social media or via word of mouth, it all really helps! I so appreciate anything you have time for.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.