130 Melissa Del Toro Schaffner: How to Empower Young People to Pursue Their Dreams
In this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast with Rob Oliver, Melissa Del Toro Schaffner talks about how to empower young people to pursue their dreams. She has created a coloring book to encourage girls to pursue occupations that are not stereotypically thought of as jobs for women. It is a powerful interview on a topic that is so important.
Here are a few of the high points of this conversation between Melissa Del Toro Schaffner and Rob Oliver:
· Melissa’s experiences on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”
· Transitioning from an electrical engineer to an entrepreneur
· Appreciation for people performing analytical jobs
· There is no right or wrong way to become an entrepreneur
· The important thing about your entrepreneurial journey is to start it
· Creating a business that fits with your lifestyle
· Dealing with emotions and mental conditions
· The importance of empowering women
· The creative process of making a coloring book
· One of the motivating factors for starting this podcast
· If no one who looks like you is doing what you want to do, be the first!
· Finding the convergence of your skills and your interests
· How to leave footprints for others to follow
· Breaking down the constructs of limitation
· What does empowerment mean?
· Who needs to be empowered?
· Everybody needs empowerment at some point
· The power of “feelings”
You can find more about Melissa Del Toro Schaffner on her website and social media. You can also check out her podcast.
Coloring Book: https://www.amazon.com/Careers-Little-Sisters-coloring-inspiration/dp/1535332883
Coloring Book (Spanish): https://www.amazon.com/Profesi%C3%B3nes-para-Nuestras-Ni%C3%B1as-inspiraci%C3%B3n/dp/154284200X/
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/LFSPPodcast
· Instagram: http://instagram.com/LFSPPodcast
· Facebook: http://facebook.com/LFSPPodcast
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lfsppodcast/
· YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbWV_LuUad7ZWuE9j5D9v-w