731: Debate and Understanding on Population Projections with Wolfgang Lutz and Chris Bystroff
I hosted two professionals who model population growth with different views, some complementary, some conflicting: Wolfgang Lutz and Chris Bystroff. I learned from both and recommend listening to their episodes first. I've also recorded episodes with many guests and solo episodes on population:
- 475: We Can Dance Around Environmental Problems All We Want. We Eventually Reach Overpopulation and Overconsumption
- 294: Population: How Much Is Too Much?
- 251: Let's make overpopulation only a finance issue
- 250: Why talk about birthrate and population so much?
- 248: Countdown, a book I recommend by Alan Weisman
I invited Wolfgang and Chris to talk about their different views and see if they could learn from each other and we could learn from them. That's this episode. I clarified I wasn't looking for Crossfire-like talking past each other but seeing what each or the other is missing and mutual learning. I think you'll enjoy the conversation. My only regret is that we couldn't have talked longer because we could have covered more.
Past guests who spoke on population
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.