How Intermittent Fasting Can Change Your Life with Laurie Lewis
Every woman’s experience with menopause is unique. However, one commonality for many is the surprising weight gain due to the drastic hormonal changes. Losing these stubborn pounds can be incredibly difficult, and it doesn’t help that unhealthy, sugar-filled foods are advertised everywhere we look.
In this episode, I am so excited to be joined by Laurie Lewis to talk about intermittent fasting. After gaining 50 pounds of stubborn hormonal weight during menopause and struggling to lose the weight for 4 years, Laurie gave intermittent fasting a try and has never looked back. Today, Laurie has since lost the weight and hasn’t missed a day of intermittent fasting in 5 years. Through her coaching business, she helps other women to apply intermittent fasting to fit their lifestyle so they can get back to feeling their best.
Throughout this episode, Laurie shares her personal experience with intermittent fasting along with the science behind why so many women have found success with it. You will hear what to expect in the beginning stages of intermittent fasting, what the four categories of foods Laurie tells her clients to keep track of, how fasting has been proven to benefit humans, and so much more.
Tune in to Episode 67 of the Joy Found Here podcast to hear how intermittent fasting can change your life like it did Laurie’s!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How intermittent fasting changed Laurie’s life (3:44)
- The science and history behind fasting (11:45)
- What to expect for the first few months of intermittent fasting (31:21)
- The four categories of foods to keep track of (42:10)
- Book - Women Action Takers Who Gained by Losing by Laurie Lewis
- Book - Delay, Don't Deny Fast Feast Repeat by Gin Stephens
- Book - The Diabetes Code by Dr. Jason Fung
- Book - The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung
- Book - The Fast Five Diet by Dr. Bert Herring
- Book - AC: The Power of Appetite Correction by Dr. Bert Herring
Connect with Laurie
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.