#502 How to Make Fake News For Links: Interview with Oliver Brett
On today's episode of the Internet Marketing Podcast, Andy is joined by Oliver Brett, SEO Manager at Screaming Frog to talk about how to make fake news for links.
On the show you'll learn:
- Why you should consider fake product launches or blog posts depicting weird or hilarious misfortunes in your marketing efforts
- Why you need to create a narrative that's lighthearted and funny & work with an open minded client
- Examples of when fake news or PR link bait stunts have worked well including the Privy Pee &
- How you can find topical news stories to jump on the back of
- The advantages and disadvantages of using this type of content in your marketing effort
Plus, Oliver provides his top tip for the audience.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.